Roof Water Damage – one of the necessities for humans is our house or our home. We desire to come home to a cozy and comfortable dwelling place to rest after a long and tiring day of work as the saying goes (it may sound cliche) “there’s no place like home”. It is this reason we always make sure that our house is in good condition and set up everything according to our taste and preference and look for Roof Water Damage.
But wait! What if some parts of our house shatter and one of them is our roof? The roof is vital because it will protect us from harmful things outside our house, especially during the rainy season and in Winter when it’s snowing. So repairing a Roof Water Damage should be taken care of with urgency.
What Are the Causes of Roof Water Damage?
There are a lot of factors why we experience Roof Water Damage, so we have to be observant of our properties and check them once in a while. We shouldn’t always feel at ease but be exceptionally prepared when Winter is near, and our place experiences heavy snow.
Here are some causes of Roof Water Damage:
- Old tiling – one of the reasons for roof issue is when it has seen better days. Meaning, the roof is aging, fragile, and breakable and needs immediate attention.
- Indelicate installation – improper installation of a roof may lead to Roof Water Damage. The person installing the roof should know all the proper steps in setting it up to ensure a quality installation.
- Walking on the roof – some house owners use their covering to dry their clothes or other items. Walking on the awning on a bright sunny day may cause Roof Water Damage.
- Weather Damage – because we have four different seasons in the U.S., different weather such as windy, rainy, sunny, snowy and the like may be the root of the problem. Inspection of the roof once in a while is needed for the security of your family.
- Negligence – this is the saddest part when homeowners neglect their property. Even a sturdy roof may have some trouble if not maintained well.
How to Prevent Roof’s Water Damage?
Having a roof leak is a crucial problem for every family, so preventing it from happening is eminent to avoid trouble and to spend a fortune.
What to do in case this happens?
- Check the roof regularly and see if there’s a Roof Water Damage to guarantee the security of the house.
- Call a professional roofer for proper repair if there are broken parts of the roof.
- If there are trees near your house, trim them to avoid breaking your roof. It is also a useful way to keep away the animals from getting to your canopy and vandalize it.
- Get rid of unnecessary objects on the roof like twigs, leaves, and similar things so that it won’t ruin your shingles.
Solutions for Water Damage in Your Roof
Solving the problem right away will lessen the expenses that you need to shell out for Roof Water Damage.
The following tips may help you resolve this situation.
- Clean the gutter regularly to keep it away from clogging.
- Monitor your roof from time to time to see if there is a leakage, or some materials are loose.
- Secure the broken part right away but make sure that you are doing it correctly.
- Check your house insurance and get roof coverage if it is included.
Dangers of Water Damages
Being aware of the dangers of Roof Water Damage is essential to make us cautious and to give it importance.
Here are some of the risk that we may encounter:
- Ceiling destruction – when there’s a leakage on the roof, the ceiling will be first affected. The interior part of the house will diminish and become dark, and molds appear, which affects the health of the family. If the house has an attic and uses it as a storeroom, all the belongings kept there are affected.
- Molds – Did you know that molds can germinate in the humid surface from 24 to 48 hours. Molds on the different parts of the house are harmful and risk the health of the family. Family members might encounter health problems if the fungus is not cleaned immediately.
- Fire and shock hazard – leakage on the roof may cause fire and shock hazards. If the water reaches an open electric wire, there is a possibility that it can cause fire, and someone experiences electrocution after touching a wet electric wire.
- Puddle accident – when the water leaks and reaches the floor, someone might slip after stepping on the puddle and encounter an accident.
- Constructional degradation – the foundation of the house becomes weaker after a while if you ignore Roof Water Damage and cost a lot of money for the renovation of the whole house.
The bottom line, Roof Water Damage should be taken seriously, and hiring the best roofing professionals like Elevate Roofing and Construction LLC would be a superb choice for your roofing issues and to feel safe in the comfort of your home.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read about Roof Water Damage: Causes, Solutions, and Prevention. We wish that this article is beneficial for your roof concerns.
5635 SMU Blvd., Suite 203, Dallas, TX 75206
7301 Ranch Rd 620 N. Suite 155-389
Austin, TX 78726
More like this: